BELARUSIAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY’S PROFESSORIAL CONSULTATION CENTER WEBSITE PROJECT
Project consisted of a complete, site-wide rework of an existing Customer’s website.
Main weak spots of the old website were:
- • old fashioned design;
- • ineffective user interface;
- • lack of a mobile-friendly version of the website;
- • rather low number of offered user services in general - lack of means to contact online consultants of the center in particular.
- Key requirement of the Customer was to develop a product, aimed to tackle the upper-mentioned problems.
A number of additional requirements were stipulated:
- • users should associate website with a medical institution at first glance;
- • website should feature both Russian and English versions.
Since most of the users had been mobile users, we decided to instill mobile first development principle. Therefore we developed mobile driven clean and user friendly user-interface prototypes. Once we had it approved by the Customer, we developed unique design for the project.
This project assumed complete separation of Front-End and Back-End development. So, our Back-End specialist developed the project, relying on the already finished website coding. Consultation of a center specialist online booking functionality was also added to the project.
Full development cycle - from concept to delivery was executed in 10 weeks. Updated website was launched by the end of November, 2016.
Website development was carried out using modern technologies:
- • PHP
- • Laravel
- • HTML5
- • CSS3
- • Algoria
- • MySQL
Updated consultation center’s website now boasted a clean and user-friendly interface that is pick up and go easy in use for users of various age groups.
A system that allows users to book a consultation of a center’s doctor and even get a consultation online, on a mobile device or a PC, is now in place. Website offers its users a wide range of interesting and useful health and healthcare data: articles, notes and videos.
High level of web expertise as well as best practices in complex web solutions for companies and organizations allowed us to produce a high quality product, which, first and foremost, meets the following client’s requirements:
- • modern design. Intuitive, clean interface which also looks presentable and credible;
- • website should be adapted to various devices, based on the type of a device a client is using - whether it’s PC, tablet or a smartphone, a user should be able to easily find a service or information he is looking for;
- • center specialists’ appointment booking service, as well as a possibility to receive a consultation online;
- • color composition and website’s infographics should evoke associations with a medical institution in any user.
- Website conforms to the global standards of web development.
I would like to express my gratitude to Progressive Soft for their work on the Belarusian State Medical University Medical Professorial Consultation Center’s website.
Solution, suggested by the development team saved our specialists a considerable amount of time. This proves that Progressive Soft development team has a thorough understanding of our goals and helps us reach them.